1. 1
2. 2
3. 3
4. 4
5. 5
6. 5*
7. 5**
打印

[Eng] DSE ENGLISH WRITING 求評 +俾level!!!!!!

DSE ENGLISH WRITING 求評 +俾level!!!!!!

TOPIC: You are Chris Wong, a member of the school Debating Club. A few days ago, you went to a debate competition where the debate motion was" Tests and exams are a barrier to learning".You were impressed by argument presented by both sides. Write an essay discussing the pros and cons of having test and exams in education.

These days many students in Hong Kong claims hat they are having too many tests and exams because of the exam-oriented education system. Some education experts asserted that exams and tests are essential to access student’s performance and learning progress. However, some people claim that exams put too much pressure on students which will affect their emotion. In the following, I would discuss the pros and cons of having exams and test in education.
Exams and test exist for reasons. They help teachers to know the learning ability of different students and compare them with their results. Teachers can give hand to students who are lag behind of others. Besides, students can realize their weaknesses and overcome the obstacles in learning and attempt to do better next time.
Also, exams can motivate students to learn and revise what they have learn. Because every student want to pass their exams with flying colors.  Therefore, students are motivated to learn and gain more knowledge.
Moreover, with test and exams, teachers and students have a clear direction of teaching and learning. Syllabus is set for students to know what they will learn after going to the lessons.
However, there are also some disadvantages of having exams and test in education.
Too many tests and exams would give much pressure on students. Some experts found that pressure and number of exams are correlated,the more exams, students are more stressful. If some students cannot handle these stress, some emotional problems may result, in the worst case, some may commit suicide.
On the other hand, exams will lead labeling effects occur. Undoubtedly, some students are weaker in academics field, they always get bad results in exams. This does not only affect the self-esteem and confidence of the students but teachers and their classmates may also label them as lazy and bad. As a result, students with poor results may face boycott from their classmates.
In conclusion, from certain extents, exams and test are barriers in learning, it gives too much pressure on students and emotional problems and students may lose their self esteem. But it also helps to motivate students to learn and help them to realize the own weaknesses in learning.

引用:
原帖由 sslmc2468 於 2014-2-25 11:05 PM 發表

其實我係retaker 上年overall 2 我唔肯定自己岩唔岩=.=
不過見到你第一段已經好多沙石
唔不斷作既話唔會知應該點樣寫
同埋上網求分冇咩意義
d人識條春比分
我上年仲垃圾過你呢篇已經有3
不斷作同一type?我見你D sentence 幾靚點學?

[隱藏]
push

一般啦

Level 4

引用:
原帖由 iussia134 於 2014-2-26 08:21 PM 發表
一般啦

Level 4
thx how can i improve my writing

push......

如果你係今年考嘅話
我覺得不斷作都唔會對你有好大幫助
同埋我覺得你嘅論證過程都算唔錯
如果想學多 d vocab/ phrases
可以睇多 d sample essay
學下入面 d expression
行有餘力再作一兩篇文練熟 d format ~

回覆 21# cyrusho 的帖子

thx and good luck to u too!

quite a number of grammar mistakes=( a range of vocab shown but a wider variety of sentence patterns is expected. btw, when you said 'access', do you actually mean' assess'? If so, please be careful next time because this affects understanding. lv3+ i suppose. Don't give up! you can make it!

Your essay is not long enough.
Your paragraphs are too short.

gd

gd writing skill
few grammar mistake
should be 4-5 level

會唔會係字數都唔夠都咁多人比合格呀

引用:
原帖由 cheung618 於 2014-3-13 10:54 PM 發表
會唔會係字數都唔夠都咁多人比合格呀
:0 ic approximately how many words should be enough

回覆 25# ThomastongSJACS 的帖子

i don't think it is such that easy to get lv 5   but anyway thx

回覆 23# chan/2 的帖子

i mean assess actually   sorry for my bad english
i'll try my best not to make grammar mistake btw what sentence structure should i use

Para 1

In the following, I would discuss the pros and cons of having exams and test in education.
--> "I would like to discuss" / "I will discuss" may be better

Some education experts asserted that exams and tests are essential to access student’s performance and learning progress.
--> assert... I think they are still doing this! So, I guess using simple present tense may be better
自學英文無難度!Learning English ON YOUR OWN!
Autodidact 自學者

重要聲明:小卒資訊論壇 是一個公開的學術交流及分享平台。 論壇內所有檔案及內容 都只可作學術交流之用,絕不能用商業用途。 所有會員均須對自己所發表的言論而引起的法律責任負責(包括上傳檔案或連結), 本壇並不擔保該等資料之準確性及可靠性,且概不會就因有關資料之任何不確或遺漏而引致之任何損失或 損害承擔任何責任(不論是否與侵權行為、訂立契約或其他方面有關 ) 。