本區搜索:
Yahoo!字典
打印

[Econ] 如ECON有難題請內進留言(希望大家有個好o既Econ成績)

如ECON有難題請內進留言(希望大家有個好o既Econ成績)

I will ans Econ questions as much as I can, hope it will help u. Please try to ask your question before 2/5 as I WONT ANSWER ANY QUESTION AFTER THAT( cuz I will be a tutor during summer).

P.S. Plz give me an real question or example cuz its hard to explain the general theory in here, thx.

[ 本帖最後由 petergarylee 於 2015-4-29 12:47 AM 編輯 ]

[隱藏]

回覆 2# Ray159357 的帖子

B)CPI is a price index which only measures the prices of consumption goods and services. GDP deflator is a price index of the prices of all items in GDP, which includes C, I, G and NX. If we compare two of the price index, we can find out that the accuracy of CPI to estimate the effect of an increase in living cost to household(private sector) is higher than GDP deflator. It is because 1) CPI focus on consumer's expenditure, which directly reflect how the household will be affected by a change in general price level. 2) GDP deflator is a broader price index includes too much other factors( investment, export...) , where those factors won't  immediately affect the general price level but can reflect the macro-economics change in the country. 3)(OUT OF SYLLABUS) GDP deflator only calculate every quarter and with a time lag, it is unsuitable for timely estimation of inflation, which means it can't reflect the effect of an increase in living cost immediately, thus it has a lower accuracy.

For A) , can you give me the English of 開支權數?

回覆 4# Ray159357 的帖子

Sorry, I really dont understand the question, can you form another complete sentence in English to elaborate your question again?

回覆 6# kenny1545 的帖子

Mr Lee can form a private limited company but the company cant 'issue shares' as there is not legal market for him to 'issue' the shares of the company. I think the problem is on the verb 'issue' , where you can transfer the shares of the private limited company, but it is not 'issue', where 'issue' may has a meaning of 'offer the shares to the general public', which clash with the restriction of private limited company. In chinese, 'issue' has the meaning of '發行'.

[ 本帖最後由 petergarylee 於 2015-4-25 07:29 AM 編輯 ]

回覆 8# dontaskme 的帖子

Form my understanding, a severe nuclear leakage increase the opportunity cost of using nuclear power in different way( electricity generation, weapon...). It is because the nuclear leakage crisis increase the experimental risk of using nuclear power, which the potential/real cost(destruction caused by the nuclear leakage) of using nuclear power increase, the value of using nuclear power decreased, thus the value/cost(price) of using other resources/power increase as they are more stable. Using nuclear power means you need to scarify the usage of other resources/power(the opportunity cost), when the value of them increase, the opportunity cost will increase. This is only one example, there still have a lot way to answer this question.

回覆 9# dumbo101 的帖子

You should have a clear concept that inflation rate is the percentage change in the price level from one year to the next. It is correct that if the index get over 100, it means there is an inflation. Only CPI can reflect this condition accurately(as I've answered it before), where CPI is comparing the price level from the current year with last year, but GDP deflator is comparing the nominal GDP to real GDP. First GDP deflator is not comparing the price level. Second, real GDP is construct from the price level of 'base year', where the 'base year' is not necessarily to be 'last year'.

Here is the answer from me on your page(additional notes):
I still want to mention that GDP deflator is based on the 'base year' , the above question ' Year 1's GDP deflator is 100, year 2's is 110,year 3 is 100' means that only in year 2 , the price level compare to the base year is higher as the index in more than 100, thus the purchasing power of money is the lowest among the three years. Also, under most of the conditions, with only one year's GDP deflator cannot shows whether there is an inflation or a deflation.
And you are correct, there is deflation in year 3.

P.S. I think the answer in your page which answered by another guy is most likely wrong!

[ 本帖最後由 petergarylee 於 2015-4-26 07:55 AM 編輯 ]

回覆 12# kenny1545 的帖子

I think the answer is A, and are you sure D is one of the choice? As I don't think geographical mobility can be used to describe capital or land, it is used for people (labour). BTW, do you want me to explain why?

回覆 14# kenny1545 的帖子

Is that a mock from outside or your school? I think HKEAA wont get that question. 'A' can be wrong but the assumption is: In short run, with fixed capital and labour, only labour is variable. Also, I really need to clarify that 'mobility' is used to describe people(both occupational and geographical), how can a machine mobilize itself? If you really think the answer is correct, the only explanation is : You can move the capital(machine, stock) from one place to another but you can't move land, once the land is 'moved', it won't be natural resources(land) any more but turn into capital.

[ 本帖最後由 petergarylee 於 2015-4-26 07:45 PM 編輯 ]

回覆 16# surelose123456 的帖子

Do you want me to explain how MS will drive down the interest rate or just the graph. I think the reason of 'MS will drive down the interest rate ' is out of the syllabus, is it? I find out that it is too hard for you to understand. Also, I can't upload the picture cuz its too big, it only allows 2000kb.

[ 本帖最後由 petergarylee 於 2015-4-26 07:54 PM 編輯 ]

回覆 15# surelose123456 的帖子

Can you  give me a real question as an example, it is hard to explain all the things in here.

回覆 21# lemontastee 的帖子

Can someone tell me how can I upload a picture/photo which is larger than 2000kb?

回覆 21# lemontastee 的帖子

First , nominal return(interest) rate= real return(interest) rate + inflation rate

Profit from Asset B(per unit)= $300
Interest per unit=$100
total return(nominal) per unit= $400

Also, I don't understand 1(II), whats the difference?

For 2,
a) take over of W do reduce competition but it is not necessarily be efficient to do that. It is because after taking over W, P has to increase its production capacity to maintain the profit level, but an increase in quantity produced will increase the marginal cost. As marginal cost starts to fluctuate,  if P still want to increase the quantity produced, the MC may exceed MB, which then cause inefficiency.

b)Under the market mechanism, we assume that all firms produce at the efficient level(equilibrium), which means the existence of pollution is also one of the factor which is necessarily caused by efficient production. If the government ban all the production that involved pollution, which force the firms to shut down or turn to use other production method( inefficient way). This may lower down the efficiency of the country or region as a whole(Macro)

d)Light pollution causes externality to Mr Chan, where private cost of the polluter is smaller than the social cost. The installation reduce the externality by stopping the light pollution from affecting him, which then balance the private and social cost(or reduce the gap). This allows the market to produce in a more efficient level.(Can be explain by graph but I can't upload it, sorry)

also, sorry for my late reply, I was busy at work before.

[ 本帖最後由 petergarylee 於 2015-4-29 12:42 AM 編輯 ]

回覆 24# manvela 的帖子

Theoretically, change in discount rate wont affect the reserve because it is the interest rate, only the change in required reserve rate will affect the amount of reserve. For the second one: maybe, there are so many possibilities, I cant explain them all, but in DSE, you better answer yes and just copy the explanation in text book . If u really want me to explain, leave me a message.

[ 本帖最後由 petergarylee 於 2015-4-29 12:45 AM 編輯 ]

回覆 26# lemontastee 的帖子

Any method to adjust externality can improve or lower down the efficiency, sometimes,  the method itself may have externality or it is inefficient( I think there are some explanation in text book eg the government intervention). so the second and third ans maybe correct, but it is not a must.

[ 本帖最後由 petergarylee 於 2015-4-29 12:46 AM 編輯 ]

回覆 27# shan88991122 的帖子

A, C and D make the bank to maintain its minimum reserve(the required reserve) level. But in B , the condition of actual reserve is higher than required reserve. As a result, an increase in demand of bank loan reduce the amount of excess reserve to satisfy the demand, thus the actual reserve ratio decrease.

To clarify, without any clear information stating the reserve condition of the bank, we should assume the reserve is in minimum reserve level where the excess amount of deposit will be in money creation. Only B says the demand of loan increase, and the only condition that the bank can lend more is: the bank has excess reserve.

重要聲明:小卒資訊論壇 是一個公開的學術交流及分享平台。 論壇內所有檔案及內容 都只可作學術交流之用,絕不能用商業用途。 所有會員均須對自己所發表的言論而引起的法律責任負責(包括上傳檔案或連結), 本壇並不擔保該等資料之準確性及可靠性,且概不會就因有關資料之任何不確或遺漏而引致之任何損失或 損害承擔任何責任(不論是否與侵權行為、訂立契約或其他方面有關 ) 。