本區搜索:
Yahoo!字典
打印

[IELTS] ██████ IELTS Writing Task 2 Tips ██████

██████ IELTS Writing Task 2 Tips ██████

IELTS task 2最常出現既係Agree/disagree type question
如果你係答to a xxx extent agree既話,寫完agree果邊,寫disagree既時候話 ‘Some people may believe that…’,聽落都幾合理,係咪?睇下以下例子:

Question: Early technological developmentshelped ordinary people and changed their lives more than recent developments.To what extent do you agree or disagree? 假設你立場係to a large extent disagree, 你篇文可能係咁:
1st paragraph=introduction
2nd paragraph= some may say that early technologies absolutely altered the lives of ordinary people,this is true because…
3rd paragraph=however, I believe that recent breakthroughs have had an even greater impact due to the following reasons…
4th paragraph=conclusion

究竟問題出係邊?

係咯,平時寫argumentative essay都係咁做駁論姐,有問題咩?LS都係咁答啦!

咁你就中伏啦!係IELTS入面,examiner想知你既意見,而唔係what other people think!係,你可能覺得係微小既分別,但偏偏就係有好多呢D細伏位,扣下扣下又無左個band!

咁如果真係想答to a xxx extent I agree/disagree (如果handle到,篇文的確會豐富過單一立場),應該點答?

一個字:WHILE
While I accept XXX, I believe YYY is more justified.

以上面條問題為例,你可以咁樣寫:
2nd paragraph= It is undeniably true that early technologies absolutely altered the lives of ordinary people…
3rd paragraph= While the above argument is valid, I believe that recent breakthroughs have had amore significant impact…

只不過係換湯不換藥,內容一模一樣,但用左包裝就可以避免中伏,何樂而不為?
希望幫助到大家!

[ 本帖最後由 Simon 於 2015-6-1 08:56 PM 編輯 ]
本帖最近評語記錄
  • Simon 2015-6-1 08:56 PM ?????????????\??

[隱藏]

wanna have a look

jjjjjjjjjjjjj

Academically, "to what extent agreement" isn't logical because if you really agree with something, you do accept its cons which are just overweight by pros. "To a large extent agreement" means you agree while "to a small extent" actually refers to disagreement.

引用:
原帖由 biomedical 於 2015-6-1 07:40 PM 發表
Academically, "to what extent agreement" isn't logical because if you really agree with something, you do accept its cons which are just overweight by pros. "To a large extent agreement" means you agr ...
Logically you're right I guess
But 'to what extent agreement' questions do appear in IELTS quite frequently, so I'm just sharing this to help people tackle the exam
When it comes to exams, there're always things which are not logical, but you still have to deal with them if you want to pass

thanks

THANKS

thankss

thank you

重要聲明:小卒資訊論壇 是一個公開的學術交流及分享平台。 論壇內所有檔案及內容 都只可作學術交流之用,絕不能用商業用途。 所有會員均須對自己所發表的言論而引起的法律責任負責(包括上傳檔案或連結), 本壇並不擔保該等資料之準確性及可靠性,且概不會就因有關資料之任何不確或遺漏而引致之任何損失或 損害承擔任何責任(不論是否與侵權行為、訂立契約或其他方面有關 ) 。