6. 5*

0 (0.00%)

7. 5**

0 (0.00%)

打印

[Eng] Eng writing 求狠評!!!!!!!!!!

Eng writing 求狠評!!!!!!!!!!

Learning English through Social Issues

Today, many parents exert considerable pressure on their children. Even children small as five are forced into taking different class every day after school. Write an essay analysing the causes of this phenomenon and how a tight schedule may impede the personal development of children.

Parents hope their children to be creme-de-la-creme and a "life-winner". There are even some sayings like “winning at the starting line”. Parents thus have been arranging various classes for their children after school. These classes not only exert a great pressure on children, but their leisure time is also deprived. Yet, what are the causes for such a phenomenon?

The keen competition in Hong Kong has created a mentality on parents that their children have to be multi-talented in order to be successful. It has been very competitive in housing, welfare and education. Similarly, getting into a prestigious school has become harder and harder. Parents are desperate to get their kids into these top-notch schools. In order to achieve so, parents arrange a variety of classes to train their kids to become all-around. As a result, a social atmosphere that offering loads of classes to children has become a must for parents so that their children can be a life-winner.

On the other hand, parents often wrongly percept that these classes must be beneficial to their children. It is undeniable that these classes shape their skill and raises their competitive edge. Nevertheless, not only can these skills be useless in their future, but parents have also missed the genuine feeling of their children and their authentic opinions. Most parents believe that their children are still too young to determine what suit them the best. Hence, parents often dominate the decision on classes for children or how packed their schedule should be.

As aforementioned, parents sometimes miss out the feeling of their children, therefore they arrange loads and loads of classes for their children. Consequently, how such arrangements would ham children’s personal development?

Doubtlessly, children are supposed to be happy. They are supposed to be enjoying the best time of their lives. They should not be anxious, worried and tired of their daily routine. Instead, they should be joyful, energetic, vibrant and anticipating the bright future of their lives. Nonetheless, nowadays, what we can see on children’s faces are sad, upset, devastating and hopeless. The daily routine of continuous classes one after another has exhausted them. Rather than playing, they tend to gain more rest. Isn’t that sarcastic? When they grow up, looking back, instead of feeling thankful of being multi-talented, they will probably feeling more a sense of missing part of the puzzle of their childhood memories. When children are thought to have a great diversity of happy, delighted memories, they do not. What they have in their memories is the frightening daily routine of countless classes. It is no doubt that these pressure from classes have exploited their genuine smile. Consequently, it explains the fact that why it is more and more common to see children being unable to stand such pressure and commit suicide.

Parent-child relationship will also be adversely affected from such phenomenon. Especially when parents are excessively adding more and more classes on children, children will gradually build up a reluctance to listen to their parents. Ultimately, they might become rebellious. Children will no longer listen to their parents and oppose to their parents. If we put ourselves in children’s shoes, we can easily actualise such feeling. Imagine ourselves as blue-collars, if we are excessively demanded to continuously work for over twenty hours by our boss without any extra wage, I bet no one is willing to take such job and simply quit. The same applies to children. However, the only difference is that they do not have the option to quit. Therefore, it is predictable why the relationship is worsened. Therefore, prints shall probably stop exerting pressure on children and start communicating with their children, to truly listen to their hearts.

After all, I believe parents love their children. Yet, it is the matter of how parents should show their love. It is always crucial for parents to communicate with their children to foster and develop a closer and better relationship.

回覆 15# bryanfu926 的帖子

wow..I find your comments are genuinely helpful! My teacher has also been saying my grammatical mistakes will be the biggest disadvantage in the exam too!

I am using "winning at the starting line" mainly because this is directly translated from the Chinese "贏在起跑線上"

One last question, I would really love to improve my grammar, is there anything that I shall work on?

[隱藏]
I'm delighted to find out that these comments are helpful to you I think you can try doing some grammar exercise books (e.g. Macmillan Grammar in context) (if you still have time...) Those can really help you remember sentence structures and what tenses to use in them.

If you are 2016DSE then I'd suggest you studying the commonly used sentence patterns and remember them well. Pay attention to those conditionals, position of adverbs, and all in all the collocations. I have noticed that the collocations of words are causing you some troubles.

Add oil in DSE )

重要聲明:小卒資訊論壇 是一個公開的學術交流及分享平台。 論壇內所有檔案及內容 都只可作學術交流之用,絕不能用商業用途。 所有會員均須對自己所發表的言論而引起的法律責任負責(包括上傳檔案或連結), 本壇並不擔保該等資料之準確性及可靠性,且概不會就因有關資料之任何不確或遺漏而引致之任何損失或 損害承擔任何責任(不論是否與侵權行為、訂立契約或其他方面有關 ) 。