6. 3
7. 2
8. 5**
打印

[Eng] 2012 Practice Paper Part B Q4 求評

2012 Practice Paper Part B Q4 求評

求狠評 底差好想改善先係度感激幫手評既各位 多謝晒

DSE Practice Paper Q.4
You recently read a letter to the editor of the Hong Kong Express which said that songs which contain foul language have a negative influence on society. However, you believe we all have the right to freedom of speech and these songs are just a means of expression. Write a reply to the editor expressing your views.

DearEditor,

I amwriting in regard to the letter published on 1st April on your newspaper, whichexpressed the opinions that 'songs contain foul language have a negativeinfluence on society'. However, I am opposed to this belief as we are entitledto the freedom of speech, and these lyrics are a means of expression.

Listeningto music becomes prevailing and trendy in nowadays, and indeed lyric is a vitalpart of a song as an expression, which will draws people's attention. When wegive a look on the lyrics of pop songs, it is not uncommon to find some foullanguage from the lyrics. Hence, some people may disapprove it as foul languageusually gives people a negative impression of rude and impolite, and think thatsongs contain foul language raise ethical and educational concerns on society.Nevertheless, what should not be neglect are that, lyrics contain foul languageis just an emotional expression, and the majority of people are capable todistinguish right and wrong.

To startwith, foul language contained in songs is a way to emphasis emotions and strikeresonance. Everyone in our society is given freedom of speech, we have right toexpress our feelings and opinions using any method. For musicians, they usesongs to express, foul language in sons may imply their extreme emotions, suchas pleasure, frustration and inflammation, it can strengthen the expression andthus is  easier for listeners to feelwhat they are trying to express. In short, foul language in songs is not alwaysmeaning rude and impolite, but is a mean of expressing different feelings. Itis not about humiliating others but is about sharing emotions with others.Hence, I don't think songs that contain foul language bring negative influenceon the society.

What ismore, songs that contain foul language are not inevitably lead to a horrifyingphenomenon that people will learn and speak foul language. It is known that somepeople may be argued that songs with foul language will erect a mistaken notionthat speaking foul language is prevalent and fashionable on the society,especially affecting those mentally immature teenagers. However, as pop music ismostly targeted at teenagers and adults, who have already be educated foryears, I believe that they can classify right and wrong from the education infamilies and schools. Even if teenagers are not mature enough and unfortunatelyaffected by those songs, they will be educated by parents and teachers soon. Itis more effective to educating people when they go astray rather than censoringundeserved things and isolating people from them. Thus, I think songs containedfoul language are not as evil as some people think.

Theremay have contradictory idea that songs that have foul language will bring harmfulimpacts to society as foul language usually covey negative meanings and if itis contained in songs, it may be encouraged. Although we have freedom of speech,it does not mean that foul language is generally acceptable by the public. Undoubtedly,foul language is not a positive thing to be encouraged in the society. However,it is also not necessarily means something bad. If it is contained in songs toexpress feelings but not abuse others, it is just a normal and simpleexpression that will not harm the society.

Whether songswhich contain foul language have negative influence on society or not, I believethat it is depended on person, that is, those songs are not essentially badlyaffect the society. To prevent negative effects from those songs, education areimportant. It is hoped that the music development can keep booming and betolerated by the public even the songs contain something that seem to be "disgusting"in the present society as they are just a way of expression.

Yoursfaithfully,

ChrisWong

[ 本帖最後由 mandimandy 於 2016-4-7 02:25 PM 編輯 ]

重要聲明:小卒資訊論壇 是一個公開的學術交流及分享平台。 論壇內所有檔案及內容 都只可作學術交流之用,絕不能用商業用途。 所有會員均須對自己所發表的言論而引起的法律責任負責(包括上傳檔案或連結), 本壇並不擔保該等資料之準確性及可靠性,且概不會就因有關資料之任何不確或遺漏而引致之任何損失或 損害承擔任何責任(不論是否與侵權行為、訂立契約或其他方面有關 ) 。