本區搜索:
Yahoo!字典
打印

[Eng] 2012 DSE ENG PAPER2 PARTA 求評

2012 DSE ENG PAPER2 PARTA 求評

The best part of my job

Being a famous news reporter for Hong Kong News, my responsibility is to report news in front of recording camera footage. I have to communicate with people from all walks of life for several reasons. For instance, acquiring first hand information, questioning for opinions, or simply leisure talks. No matter they are the shareholders of listed enterprises, or housewives, as they are having different family backdrops, and different career pathways, they would have unique and incredible ordeal to share with me.
  On the other hand, this job benefits me by enlarging my social network. Before a decade or so, I was a quiet, inert high school student, with not much friends. Some teachers even puzzled if I had mentor disorder in knowing people or not. However, after I have become a news reporter, I have more contacts with people, and so I have more opportunities to make friends, sharing happiness and anxiety with them.

The biggest challenge I have ever faced in my job

Few years before, there was a spate of cases, in which some Hong Kong citizens disappeared. Later, Hong Kong Police discovered that the cases are in fact human trafficking, So the special units of police took action, arrested the criminals inside a scrapped house.

When I was reporting the action taken by police, a criminal dashed towards me, holding a knife pointing to my neck, seemingly wanted to threaten the police. At that moment, I was very devastated. In case I or the police have done something wrong, I would become lethal in a spur of moment. Fortunately, the police force are sophisticated and well-trained. The sniper killed the criminal immediately and I was rescued.

This was the biggest challenge I have ever faced because I have never envisaged that I would become a hostage one day. Finally, all victims being kidnapped are rescued, and the syndicate was completely deformed.

My school day

As I have mentioned before, I was a quiet and inert student when I was in high school. This situation changed a year before I graduated when I met my mentor, Mr Chris Wong. He is my class teacher, He encouraged me to meet more friends, and concerned more about the news, so I can express my thoughts with counterparts. This sparked my interest in becoming a news reporter. I, being a willful person, prone to study journalism degree programme and finally worked as a news reporter.

The another mentor

My boss, who was used to be a news reporter, and now become the head of a TV company. When I was first working in this company, I could not tolerate such an immense pressure when reporting news in front of a camera footage on account of lacking experience. My boss, gave me advices on every single steps in my news reporting for hundreds of thousands of times. My ability and experience in reporting news kept on skyrocketing, which finally prompt me to become a household news reporter. I would like to thank my mentor, for giving me such opportunities and unconditional helps,

[隱藏]
引用:
原帖由 靈兒` 於 2016-4-5 04:26 PM 發表
Generally it is fluent and it seems that you have good language, but it can be improved.
Yet, please be aware of your run-on sentences. I cannot understand why you put the comma in some sentences.
Thank you   Are my grammar mistakes fatal?

pishh

引用:
原帖由 靈兒` 於 2016-4-5 11:52 PM 發表

In fact, some of them are careless mistakes, but some of them you should be aware not making them anymore becoz it does reflect your language proficiency.
I think you should try to improve your se ...
I am going to commit suicide if I have a poor performance because i am a retaker and i got only level 4 last year !!!!!

`````````````````

Did you join K___ ___ or B____ N_  's tutorial classes?

重要聲明:小卒資訊論壇 是一個公開的學術交流及分享平台。 論壇內所有檔案及內容 都只可作學術交流之用,絕不能用商業用途。 所有會員均須對自己所發表的言論而引起的法律責任負責(包括上傳檔案或連結), 本壇並不擔保該等資料之準確性及可靠性,且概不會就因有關資料之任何不確或遺漏而引致之任何損失或 損害承擔任何責任(不論是否與侵權行為、訂立契約或其他方面有關 ) 。