Yahoo!字典
打印

[海外升學] [今屆DSE生美國留學]有D野想問下大家

[今屆DSE生美國留學]有D野想問下大家

話說小弟琴日去見左AGENT
咁就講解左美國既教育制度啦.. 佢之後建議我讀2年COMMUNITY COLLEGE
仲推介左係華盛頓既SOUTH PUGET SOUND 俾我。
咁我就有D問題想問下大家
1.讀CC之後升返一D好既大學既難度會唔會好高? 例如UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, UCLA..
2.AGENT話比心機既話可能讀4個SEM就修哂D學科,之後就有大學OFFER,請問是否屬實?
3.去到搵ON-CAMPUS既工作做難嗎?
4.想知道WASHINGTON果邊會唔會好多華人?
5.讀完返黎係香港既認受性高唔高?
(我想讀MECHANICAL ENGINEERING)
最後講返今年既成績 345344 (COMBINED PHY CHEM, 中史) 無OFFER :smile_27:  
個AGENT 講到只要我去到唔HEA既話就實入到好既大學,唔知信唔信佢好。:smile_13:
我要係星期一前決定.. 唔該哂各位!  !!

[隱藏]
THX

去佐ipass睇未?
當我們不再為考試的分數而學習時,
我們會發現書本中的知識是如此有趣

Are You Ready?

Here below is my opinion towards your enquiry based on my understanding.  That is, this only corresponds to my viewpoints ONLY, and neutrality of information discussed is NOT guaranteed.

1.  What is 好既大學?  Suiting your personality and lifestyle?  Or, just blindly on ranking?  Even for the latter, are you aiming for top 5, top 50, or top 500, in the U.S.???

The course standard and depth of coverage would vary significantly from one university to another, needless to say CCs.  Have you counted how many universities in the U.S.?  And, how many CCs?  Why don't you visit the course website of some so-called famous U.S. universities and CCs, and see WHAT would be covered (inferred from the syllabuses and lecture notes)?  Please take a look and make your OWN judgement!

2.  Based on your wordings "有大學OFFER", the answer is YES, of course.  As said in 1), there are many many universities in the U.S.  It is close to say that, so long as you can meet the minimum admission requirements and are able to pay the tuition fee, you can get an admission offer from a university in the U.S.

3.  "ON-CAMPUS既工作" is a kind of low-paid jobs.  If you will be holding an non-immigrant U.S. visa, there is a limit on the number of hours per week you can work on campus, AND you WILL NOT be permitted to work outside the campus in the U.S.  If you are lucky, your earning may be just enough to cover your apartment rental (a few hundred U.S. dollars per month).

4.  There are many many Chinese (most from the mainland) nearly everywhere, of course, in the U.S.  Of course, many of them study in the universities and CCs la.

5.  It depends on from WHICH universities you get the degrees!

P.S.:  There are many many routes to Rome.  If you are determined to work hard and strieve for the excellence, you will have a high chance to be successful eventually, REGARDLESS of WHICH discipline you study or work (i.e. pursuing BBA <> successful, AND studying Engineer <> few opportunities / no future).  Whether you have opportunities depends on your performance and abilities.  However, if you DO NOT FIRST devote your efforts and passion, you are nearly DOOMED to fail, in ANY disciplines!!!

Are you ready for your GOALS and willing to WORK HARD??
引用:
原帖由 apamaria 於 2013-8-17 06:40 PM 發表
話說小弟琴日去見左AGENT
咁就講解左美國既教育制度啦.. 佢之後建議我讀2年COMMUNITY COLLEGE
仲推介左係華盛頓既SOUTH PUGET SOUND 俾我。
咁我就有D問題想問下大家
1.讀CC之後升返一D好既大學既難度會唔會好高 ...
[ 本帖最後由 kcleung 於 2013-8-17 11:30 PM 編輯 ]

引用:
原帖由 kcleung 於 2013-8-17 09:30 PM 發表
Here below is my opinion towards your enquiry based on my understanding.  That is, this only corresponds to my viewpoints ONLY, and neutrality of information discussed is NOT guaranteed.

1.  What i ...
嘩,無諗到有咁詳細既回答 唔該哂你先
我而家諗住入讀everett community college 因為自己都中意seattle果邊

1.我諗緊如果係WASHINGTON度讀CC, 升返U YEAR3 既話會唔會大多數人都係升返果邊既U??
   定係其實升其他州既大學都好有機?

如果我AIM AT UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON , 想問下知5知GPA 要幾多先入到?

REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!

zh-CN → z

zh-CN → zh

Why Does One Take You?

>  1.我諗緊如果係WASHINGTON度讀CC, 升返U YEAR3 既話會唔會大多數人都係升返果邊既U??

Definitely, NO.  University admission is NOT an all-pass filter, which takes ALL applicants of various proficiency background.  Top universities, of course, take ONLY top students .....

>  定係其實升其他州既大學都好有機?

As said, admission is generally based on intellectual merits, though local (U.S.) and international applicants may be processed in DIFFERENT admission queues for UG programmes.  Yet, public schools may administer different tuition fees for in-state and out-of-state students.  Of course, in-state students would enjoy cheaper tutiton fees!

>  如果我AIM AT UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON , 想問下知5知GPA 要幾多先入到?

Who's know?  Your question is EXACTLY the same way as many ask whether one got 55555 In HKDSE can get in a UGC-funded degree program!!!  This is a demand-and-supply game.  Who's know the actual result in advance, as WE ARE NOT GODS!!!  NO ONE knows the answer until demand meets supply.

Nevertheless, a basic question for you is asking yourself WHY a top university bothers to admit a CC student to become its own student.  Can such applicant outperform newly admitted Year 1 students at that top university???  Does he have any other evidences justifying that he/she is so intellectual proficient (e.g. a recipent of a nationally recognized academic award in the U.S.)???  It is especially true that those courses taught in CCs are generally easier and less rigious, and students are MUCH MUCH ... MUCH easier to get GPA of 4.0 there, though, frankly, it is NOT very difficult to get a GPA approaching 4.0 if a smart student can work hard to study even at a top U.S. university.

I can see a number of students from good/top U.S. universities (mostly from private universities) taking CC courses for the sake of reducing their tution fees rather.

P.S.:  By the way, some examples shown above can be applied to the scenarios at a university in Hong Kong, too.  For example, why a faculty/school take an internal program transfer request of a student?  Does he outperform other newly admitted students to that faculty/school?  Any evidences for justification on his/her intellectual ability???

Hope that you may find my information/opinion useful.
引用:
原帖由 apamaria 於 2013-8-17 10:05 PM 發表
嘩,無諗到有咁詳細既回答 唔該哂你先
我而家諗住入讀everett community college 因為自己都中意seattle果邊

1.我諗緊如果係WASHINGTON度讀CC, 升返U YEAR3 既話會唔會大多數人都係升返果邊既U??
   定係其實升 ...
[ 本帖最後由 kcleung 於 2013-8-18 02:00 AM 編輯 ]

OK , I WILL WORK VERYVERY HARD!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! IT'S REALLY USEFUL

Good luck la.  
引用:
原帖由 apamaria 於 2013-8-17 11:25 PM 發表
OK , I WILL WORK VERYVERY HARD!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! IT'S REALLY USEFUL

我不太友善
我給你一篇文章
看看就好

http://molewisdom.blogspot.hk/2008/02/blog-post_21.html
世界很大 沒你想像中那麼簡單
夢想沒便宜到只靠熱誠便能實現
等我話你知Engineering是什麼

現在開始本人極少上LS Forum

Sad but true.

Quite a number of American UGs DO NOT know HOW to formulate algebraic equations.  To find an unknown, they attempted to guess an answer and show that L.H.S. equals R.H.S.  An example was happened at a UG level course in Operating Systems.
引用:
原帖由 Automaton 於 2013-8-18 01:34 AM 發表
我不太友善
我給你一篇文章
看看就好

http://molewisdom.blogspot.hk/2008/02/blog-post_21.html

Well 我只是指出  學店 concept而已
就算是丟錢, 丟給英加還好過美國吧
哈哈哈
世界很大 沒你想像中那麼簡單
夢想沒便宜到只靠熱誠便能實現
等我話你知Engineering是什麼

現在開始本人極少上LS Forum

The main point of the article forwarded by Automation is that a significant number of students studying at top universities (such as Ivy League universities), which are definitely taking so-called top few percent (< < 10%) of Americian students, are NOT quite academically proficient (or even underqualified), needless to say others.

I personally agree with the statement, based on my observations!  Otherwise, I won't say "not very difficult (for us) to get a GPA of approaching 4.0 at a top university".  Well, I WOULD NOT say so for students studying at (research, i.e. top 3) universities in Hong Kong.
引用:
原帖由 STEVEGARY 於 2013-8-18 01:40 AM 發表
咁好難同學港比較, 人家上大學率高過香港咁多, 我相信拿返 18%比的話美國學生會比香港學生好

Luckily, this happens for undergraduate programmes ONLY  
引用:
原帖由 Automaton 於 2013-8-18 02:05 AM 發表
Well 我只是指出  學店 concept而已
就算是丟錢, 丟給英加還好過美國吧
哈哈哈

Yes, but it is also true for 神科 as well.  Many students nowadays ONLY know HOW to practice with past papers but know NOTHING about the concepts.  They HANG UP when an assessment question is merely asked a different way.  Such sucks are NOW in many programmes, including those in so-called 神科, too!!!

Nevertheless, one WOULD NOT expect that a student studying at a university in Hong Kong is UNABLE to formulate algebraic equation (I mean a linear equation with just one unknown) from a simple problem.  Do you agree?  Basically, many Americians are weak in numeracy skills and, surprisingly, logical and conceptual thinking.

At least, I have NOT seen so for those I have met in Hong Kong, but I met quite a number of (white) Amercian in some so-called top U.S. universities.  Don't you know that the brightest students in the U.S. are generally international students, say, from the mainland China and India?  Thus, the graduate programmes at top U.S. universities have NOT been degraded like that, since they mostly rely on international students, NOT Americans!!!

Indeed, since n years ago, I have kept saying that the UG standard of U.S. universities had ALREADY been degraded, whereas that of universities in Hong Kong are degrading over recent years.
引用:
原帖由 STEVEGARY 於 2013-8-18 04:06 AM 發表
咁...香港三大非神科都有大量枯葉的...
[ 本帖最後由 kcleung 於 2013-8-18 09:03 AM 編輯 ]

讀完CC 升好大學機會比較大, provided that 你CC 俾心機的話
小弟2日前岩岩畢業, 至於我係邊間大學呢...well...唔講咁多啦.

4個SEM 呀? 聽下好啦, 你英文同MATH 好勁就得
我就4+1 , 但係第一次報學校唔岩心水, 結果讀多左2+1 個sem
即係前後6+2

另外on campus job 唔易搵, 小弟有做on campus job, 的確係cover 到expense (Max: 20 hrs per week)

想要無咩華人? 去Florida 啦.

認真講句, 好多香港人只要見到係外國回流就...well..

[ 本帖最後由 7s711 於 2013-8-18 05:05 PM 編輯 ]
POST 文者請注意: POST 之前請PROOFREAD 清楚

重要聲明:小卒資訊論壇 是一個公開的學術交流及分享平台。 論壇內所有檔案及內容 都只可作學術交流之用,絕不能用商業用途。 所有會員均須對自己所發表的言論而引起的法律責任負責(包括上傳檔案或連結), 本壇並不擔保該等資料之準確性及可靠性,且概不會就因有關資料之任何不確或遺漏而引致之任何損失或 損害承擔任何責任(不論是否與侵權行為、訂立契約或其他方面有關 ) 。